Do you have what it takes to join one of the largest interior design teams in the Pacific Northwest? Recently recognized by Interior Design Magazine as an industry giant. While we work hard every day—but that doesn’t mean we take ourselves too seriously. We love what we do but we also love to have fun.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our professional team. Our Seattle office is seeking a dynamic Interior Designer with strong project management skills and a minimum of eight years’ experience to join our workplace and retail team through the creative design process.
Primary behavior and Motivations of our ideal Interior Designer:
- You think creatively and progressively
- You resolve complex technical and design related issues
- You are collaborative, team oriented, and tech savvy
- You can attract, collaborate with, manage and develop staff in a positive, productive and uplifting way
- You have a history of developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Develop strong design concepts, prepare presentation packets and participate in client presentations: both independently and with a team
- Manage fast paced projects and project teams in an environment that rewards people that take initiative and are self-starters
- Guide project design based on current workplace trends, design and planning principles, aesthetics
- Space planning at all phases of design, including working with clients to identify programming needs, strategy development/coordination, verifying code compliance and completing site verifications
- Advanced knowledge of contract finishes and furniture
- Execution of design and contract documents including understanding of detailing and sub-consultant coordination
- Develop design and furniture packages while tracking budget adherence
- Develop and manage work plans and project teams for varied project types that range from fast pace tenant improvements to large long-term corporate account work
- Facilitate meetings to establish scope of work, budget, schedule requirements, client goals and design objectives of projects
- Estimate fees and write project proposals
- Develop, maintain, and utilize corporate standards depending on client needs
- Participate in A&D and related community events and organization to assist in promoting Ankrom Moisan’s capabilities and accomplishments
Critical Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited school
- Minimum 8 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Strong Revit Skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, and Smartsheet or Excel
- Knowledge of local and national building codes
- Experience in retail design preferred but not required
- Superb Mentor Skills
Ankrom Moisan’s mission is to create places where people and communities thrive, and that includes creating workplaces where our own employees succeed. Our Seattle office was designed by us to reflect our personality and inspire our teams to always be pushing our designs further. The open-office floorplan supports our culture of collaboration and transparency.
“There’s something about our space that reflects the way we do business here at AMA Seattle. There’s a lot of unpretentiousness here, but we’re still sophisticated.”- David G., Project Manager
Plus, we offer competitive benefits and an array of on-site perks that people love. Find out more about those here.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio as a Word Document or PDF with the subject line "Interior Designer / Project Manager" to email@example.com.
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.